Thursday, August 21, 2014

Homemade Toner

No so long ago I bleached my hair resulting in a not so favorable yellow hue with streaks of orange. It wasn't cute. I toned my hair and used all the purple shampoo the drugstore could offer and still nothing worked or lasted. One day I got the idea to make my own toner. The store didn't have a purely purple dye so I went for the blue/purple one and prayed it would work. After watching countless tutorials on how to do it on youtube I was convinced it would work perfectly and I would have lovely white hair and maybe also be a goddess.

I mixed the Manic Panic After Midnight dye with a whack load of conditioner and put it allover my yellow hair. I left it on for a total of ten minutes remembering the warnings from the youtubers. After rinsing it out and blow drying it I can honestly say it didn't go according to plan.

In real life (horrible webcam quality) my hair is more of a minty blue. My mom likes to call it aquamarine since it reminds us of mermaid hair. Overall I'm not that upset and I actually like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment