Saturday, April 26, 2014

Childhood on our lips.

For two months now I have been searching high and low for Lip smackers. You remember them? The lip balms that come in flavors like banana split or Dr. Pepper, possibly the first ever strawberry flavored tinted lip balm. I had gone to three drugstores, one of them being in the 4th largest mall in Canada, and still no lip smackers. Every time I asked a worker they either looked at me like I was crazy or have the audacity to tell me 'they went out of style'. Today I went to my local Rexall to see if the new spider-man collection from Revlon had been released yet, no dice, and stumbled upon the holy grail. Wedged between Annabelle cosmetics and Bonnebelle cosmetics was a small selection of my beloved Lip smackers. There were party packs (all my fave flavors and a few ones I don't like,) Disney collections, Minnie mouse, cupcakes and fruit tint and pop flavors. I feel to my knees in the isle and looked up at the small amount of racks holding my childhood. The moment was so perfect I almost wept. Unfortunately I didn't have enough money for the party pack (13$) and instead got a single Dr. Pepper for a dollar. It turns out lip smackers are owned by Bonnebelle cosmetics so wherever that brand is sold so will Lip smackers. I think the only places you can get the brands are at Target or Rexall. A wish came true today guys and a little bit of faith restored.


No comments:

Post a Comment